- 2 Lobsters, cut in half (length ways)
- 100gram butter
- 2 cloves of garlic finely diced
- Mix butter and garlic together to create a paste.
- Place Lobsters shell side down on BBQ on a high heat. Brush the garlic butter paste onto the lobster meat, leaving a small amount of paste for later use.
- If possible cover lobsters (using BBQ cover, saucepan lid or stainless steel bowl). Small lobsters usually require 5-10 minutes while larger lobsters up to 20 minutes cooking time. Please allow for more time if the lobsters are cooked uncovered.
- The lobster is cooked through when the meat goes from a clear/transparent colour to white. When the lobster meat is white in colour turn the lobster over and grill meat side down for one minute.
- Brush the remainder of the garlic butter on the lobster meat to serve.
- Place the lobster on a chopping board on its back and stretch the tail out so the lobster becomes flat.
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the centre of the lobster on the underside of the body. Slide the knife down the tail and cut straight down the middle.
- Turn the lobster around and cut through the top of the lobsters head and down the tail.
- Pull the lobster apart and clean the head area.
Great served with a summer salad and a crusty loaf of bread!