Lobster Summer Spring Rolls
- 2 medium sized lobsters, diced
- 50g rice vermicelli noodles
- 20 round (20cm diameter) rice paper sheets
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup (40g) finely chopped peanuts
- 20 mint leaves
- 20 coriander leaves
- 1 tblspn peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 red seeded chillies, finely chopped
- ½ cup unsalted roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 1 tblspn lime juice
- 1 tblspn fish sauce
- 1 tblspn brown sugar
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and chilli and cook for one minute. Add in the remainder of the peanut sauce ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Remove sauce from heat and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the vermicelli noodles as directed on the instructions.
- Soak one rice paper sheet in warm water for 30 seconds or until soft. Drain on a paper towel.
- Place a finger length line of lobster meat in the centre of the rice paper sheet. Place the noodles on top of the lobster meat along with the carrots, peanuts, a mint leaf and coriander leaf. Fold in ends and roll up firmly to enclose the filling. Repeat this to make 20 spring rolls.
- Place on a serving dish with the peanut sauce.