Lobster & Seafood Chowder
- 2 medium sizes raw lobster tails
- 500g gourmet marinara mix
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 corn cobs
- 200ml thickened cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tblspn chopped fresh chives
- 2 tblspn chopped fresh parsley
- Crusty fresh loaf of bread
- Remove lobster meat from shell and cut into bite sized pieces, reserving the shell.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the lobster shells and cook for 2 minutes or until shells turn red. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Strain the stock and return to pan.
- Add carrot, celery, potatoes to the stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 12 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Place the stock and vegetable in a processor and mix until smooth. Return the pan.
- Cut kernels from corn cobs and add to soup (or for a cheat’s version, add canned kernels into the mix). Simmer for 10 minutes, or until corn is tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream along with the lobster and marinara mix. Stir, on low heat for about 3 minutes or until seafood is cooked to your liking and chowder is hot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prior to serving stir through chives and parsley.
- Serve with a crusty loaf of bread.