The Shack Risotto
- 2 cooked lobsters
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1.3L (5.5 cups) chicken stock
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 300g grape tomatoes
- 2 cups (440g) arborio rice
- 150ml dry white wine
- ½ cup torn basil leaves
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- ¼ cup grated parsean, plus extra shavings to serve
- Remove the meat from the tail of the lobsters and cut into bite-sized pieces, reserving the shells.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the lobster shells and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Strain the stock and return to a low simmer.
- Heat the butter in a frypan over low heat. Add onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until soft. Add tomatoes and stir for 1-2 minutes until they start to soften. Add rice and stir to coat the grains. Add wine and cook for 2-3 minutes until absorbed. Add stock a ladleful at a time, allowing each to be absorbed before adding the next. Continue: stirring constantly, for about 20 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked but firm to the bite.
- Gently stir through the lobster, basil, lemon juice and grated parmesan, then season with sea salt and black pepper. Divide among serving dishes and top with extra parmesan shavings.