Coconut Lobster Balls with Mango & Avocado Salsa
- 2 raw 200gram Lobster tails
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup FRESH breadcrumb
- 1 lime, juices and zest
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 2 tblspn pickled ginger, cut into fine threads
- 1 garlic clove finely diced
- ½ cup coriander, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Peel the mango and avocado, remove the stones and finely dice. Combine the mango and avocado in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and allow to sit for one hour in the refrigerator before serving.
- Combine breadcrumbs with shredded coconut into a bowl, mix well.
- In a separate bowl beat together 3 eggs.
- Dice lobsters into roughly 3cm pieces and using your hands, mould each piece into a ball. Lobster meat should make approximately 12 balls.
- Lightly coat each lobster ball in plain flour followed by the egg mixture and finally cover the ball in the coconut & breadcrumbs mix. Ensure the lobster ball is completely covered.
- Shake off any excess and place the balls on a tray lined with grease proof paper.
- Place balls into the refrigerator to set for one hour.
- Place oil in a frypan on a medium heat. Once oil has heated, shallow fry the balls until cooked golden brown on each side.
- Using a serving dish, place 12 spoonful’s of salsa on the plate and top with the lobster balls.